Sunday, September 5, 2010

Steampunk Ipod Player

I'm submitting my newest creation (a steampunk mantel clock/ipod player) for an exhibit that will be at the Charles River Museum of Industry and Innovation near Boston, MA.



I started with a turn-of-the-century mantel clock and disassembled it, piece by piece. Then my dad helped me make an inner base for the ipod dock and speakers to sit on. We also had to remove the clock face from the glass window so that you could open it and insert your ipod through it. Next, I made a cog collage from recycled clock parts on the background and also added some clock part embellishments to the front.


The result is pictured below. You can see the black ipod dock and speakers through the window.







I don't have a lot of confidence in being chosen, but I do think the finished product turned out well. Your thoughts?

1 comment: