Thursday, September 22, 2011

Online Shopping is Not My Friend

I've spent over an hour searching on Etsy for a baby sling and an orange (or robot-themed) diaper bag.  I think my brain is officially mush.

I don't even know how to use a baby sling--some of those pictures look like it took an acrobatic team to get the thousands of fabric folds wrapped around the lady and baby.  Now this may come as a surprise, but I'm not an overly coordinated sort of person.  I just want a pea pod that I stick the pea into. 

Woven Wrap Baby Sling Carrier - Smooth Charcoal Stripe Cotton - DVD included
(This one comes with a DVD instructional video.)
I have possibly unrealistic visions of this being easier than lugging that dang carseat around everywhere.  In fact, I sincerely believe it's going to solve all my life problems. Never mind that I've already had 3 kids and never used a sling before.  Perhaps its absence has been the root of all my parenting woes.  You never know.  I suppose, that is, until you buy a sling.

As for the diaper bag, I gave my various versions away last summer when I decided I was done having children.  (Note to Self:  Making a mental decision does NOT keep pregnancy from occuring.)  I want some sort of "non-traditional" diaper bag with lots of organizational pockets that I could possibly use again as a regular bag and that, of course, doesn't scream anything cutsie or girly.

This would not be the bag I'd want.

Triple Ruffle Orange Suede and Coffee Burlap Bag

But Etsy's full of 'em.

I have roughly 8 weeks left to find Baby Sling and Diaper Bag Perfection (although I'm hoping for more like 6 weeks instead).  Can it be done?  (Insert dramatic music here.)

[And this is just one more way I spend my time not being productive.  I have three necklaces halfway finished right over there on the coffee table.  Maybe they'll finish themselves.  And maybe the baby sling will solve my life problems.  Hey, it's a theory.]

 

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I think mom will make you the bag of your dreams! And my good friend from work has the moby wrap and she said it is a bit expensive but worth every penny! It works and the baby likes it! Love you! Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to talk to you about making a bag out of fabrics from your quilt! If that sounds like a good idea to you, we can talk about it in more detail on Saturday. I'm so ready to see you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke and another friend have one of those front baby pack things (you know, like the one we saw the pug in at Maple Leaf?); anyway, apparently it puts the baby to sleep, which I consider a bonus. And it looks less lethal to put on. I can envision you in the parking lot, your face and arms swaddled in cloth, panicking with claustrophobia, like being unable to get a turtleneck off. Maybe you should just look for messenger bags?

    ReplyDelete
  4. (PS - haven't you learned you don't want input from these posts yet? )

    ReplyDelete