Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Unstoppable -- Not Just a Train Movie

Unprecedented snowfall in our area has become Blizzard 2011 on the news.  Or Snow-pocalypse.  Snow-mageddon.  Tsnownami.  Snowprah.

Translation:  Pajama, no-shower, long nap, working in the workshop day.  Yes, despite the boys being here, cooped up in the house, I have accomplished much.

Admittedly, those accomplishments have not included great attention to personal hygiene (good thing I've been married for almost 13 years--I don't know if he would've kept his mouth shut about it otherwise).  However, I have finally completed a custom order for two Quaker Oatmeal robots, and I embarked on my maiden voyage with the Dremel Max I got this Christmas.

Much like Christopher Columbus' journey to the Americas, it was epic.


With Dremel in hand and a quickening of fear in my heart, I embraced the role of Power Tool Goddess (meaning I successfully cut through three screws that were too long within the robot assembly).


am 
unstoppable.

2 comments:

  1. So is the dremmel everything you hoped it would be?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty exciting! Burning hot discarded metal went flying across the workshop. I should've been wearing my safety googles.

    ReplyDelete