Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Robots and Rabbits

I intended to write a Valentine's Day post.  But all I could come up with was:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I love robots
And Weldbond glue.

It just didn't seem worth it.  Instead, I worked the whole day on a robot for my husband.  (When I get my camera back, I'll be sure to post a picture of the masterpiece.  Spoiler alert:  It includes a bobble-head and a striking resemblance to the man himself.)

My quietness on the blog front in general can most likely be linked to a redirection of my rather limited creative energy.  My recurrent workshop visits over the past several, consecutive days have allowed my "nearly completed" robot table to reach an all-time-high of seven!  This small, newly established township includes, but is not limited to, a robot rescue dog who wants to be a St. Bernard when he grows up, a newly refurbished mother and daughter duo, a ballerina/jewelry box, and a robot rocket ship.

Hazy ideas of bathtub robot, horse bot, and working robot lamp are simmering and hope to join the flourishing community before long.

Let's hope and pray this unheard of productivity continues and the "nearly completed" robots reproduce like rabbits. 

(Fun Fact:  In one season, a single female rabbit can produce as many as 800 children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.)

2 comments:

  1. So I shouldn't feel bad when my dogs take out a rabbit in our back yard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as it's not a robot, I'm okay with it. 1 down, 799 to go . . .

    ReplyDelete