Thursday, February 24, 2011

Split Personality?

Lately, I'm thinking about self-diagnosing myself as suffering from a split personality or, as Wikipedia calls it, "Dissociative Identity Disorder": 

[Dissociative identity disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a condition in which a person displays multiple distinct identities or personalities (known as alter egos or alters), each with its own pattern of perceiving and interacting with the environment.]

Here's my theory.


Rebecca
R to the Ecca











I used to be Rebecca the majority of the time with sprinkled incidences of R to the Ecca.  

Fast forward several years and add in a few kids.  I have heard tales of legendary mothers who have become better organized, more social, willingly involved, and transitioned into grown up clothes.  Alas, I am not one of those.  R to the Ecca has come forward and only lets Rebecca out to fool others (i.e. all those put-together moms).

So here's the problem:  Remnants by RJ needs Rebecca to come in here and clean up this mess!!  I need to actually keep an inventory, record receipts, total sales, write marketing materials, and maintain some level of organization.  Then R to the Ecca can go play with power tools and assemble body parts and find missing limbs.

But can the two co-exist?  Were Superman and Clark Kent ever seen together?  Spiderman and Peter Parker?

Oh, Rebecca and R to the Ecca, why can't we all just get along?

2 comments:

  1. J 2 the oy offers her humble services as business wrangler/data entry clerk. Then she'd get to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a slight issue with making someone come over to clean up the mess that is my life. J 2 the oy is welcome just as she is.

    ReplyDelete