Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Plague of Flies

Our house is being overtaken by flies.

They're everywhere. Everywhere, I tell you.

Is it the colder weather? Is it the unswept kitchen floors? I know not the answer. My response has been to repeatedly remonstrate the boys about keeping the door shut (they have been instructed to dash in and dash out), but to no avail. Those tricky flies have to be coming in another way.

Although I have not yet identified that stealthy means of entry, I can certainly attest to the fact that they just keep coming. Our wood floors have become unmarked graveyards for hoards of flies. (One night, my oldest and I counted 22 dead flies in the living room alone.)

Why is this happening?

On another note, I took my whole family to the antique mall and found an incredible, orange enamel teapot for only $7! One of my best finds ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment