Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's Been a Long Week

The short synopsis of this endlessly long week:

- Monday, my main computer refused to turn on. (Think no access to files, photos, emails, etc.)
- I am now "sharing" my laptop with my eight-year-old son who thinks it's his computer because he's making an 8-point-font, extensive spreadsheet of all his baseball cards (numbering well over 500).
- My house feels as though it has entered the deepest, darkest level of disarray there can be. I'm scared to go in the bathrooms--scared enough to consider implementing a blindfold policy for all who dare enter.
- I've come to the realization I am not an organized artist, no matter how hard I try. (See above reference to deep, dark disarray.)
- My boys are pretending they hate each other and, subsequently, fighting about everything. However, I'm going to cling to the belief that they do love each other and this is somehow all just a misguided masquerade for my benefit.
- I inadvertantly keep "volunteering" to do things at the boys' school . . . enough said.
- My oldest has come home sick today. Tomorrow is Grandparent's Day at school, and he is very concerned about who will be the cochlia in the 3rd grade Parts of the Ear presentation if he can't make it.


Sigh.

Long week. Not enough robot making or watch disassembling.

BUT . . . Good hasn't completely gone into hiding:
- I love my art.
- I love my kids.
- And, maybe, just maybe I can make a robot that will take care of all my worldly needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment