Friday, May 11, 2012

My Son, the Robot Maker

So posting has not been my strong-suit of late.  However, I've been meaning to post these pictures of my little assistant's very own robot

His preschool had a "Recycled Robot Show."  (Graciously, I decided to keep my robot-building-profession under wraps, so as not to intimidate the other mothers and their children.)  But I had lots of ideas, including a robot with awesome slinky arms that was bigger than Jedi-5 and could roll in on roller skates.  I was very excited.

Upon hearing of my plans, my astute younger sister advised me NOT to take over the process in the same way my father had often taken over our school science fair exhibits.  So I did my best to step back, let him pick the parts, assemble his creation, and--much to my chagrin--glue on googly eyes.  Lots of googly eyes. 






I, of course, still pulled rank when it came to the drill press.  Safety goggles or no safety goggles.


The finished product.  A veritable masterpiece.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! He definitely has the bot-building gene. And how stinkin' cute is he?! (and his creation too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I happen to think he's pretty cute, too!

    ReplyDelete