Thursday, October 14, 2010

Desperation and Borderline Exhaustion

This has been a busy week. I spent last weekend and most of Monday in a procrastination-fueled frenzy while attempting to perfect my Steampunk Clock/iPod Player for the Charles River Museum (as well as get it mailed--think dog hair in packing tape all over the Kroger box I used).

Then I moved on to a messy first attempt at turning vintage film canisters into Star Wars characters . . . with a LOT of input from my 6 and 8 year olds. (No, for the eighteenth time, I do not want to make Jabba the Hut.) Let's just say I own a lot of spray paint cans now, and a few oddly streaked film canisters have gone by the wayside. Oh, and did I forget to mention none of the Star Wars characters have actually been completed?

Why do I take on these things right before a show?


My living room has been hit by Hurricane Georgie-Porgie (I don't know, I was trying to come up with something clever, and it didn't really work). The coffee table is filled with metal and jewelry debris. The floor is covered with Hobby Lobby bags, empty Coke cans, and a thousand pairs of pliers.

The Maple Leaf Festival looms like a dark cloud over my soul. Will I finish any earrings? Will there be a Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker Bitty Bot duel to the death? Will I gain 10 pounds this week from my Coke consumption?

I suppose only time will tell.

Or you can always find out if you stop by my booth at the Maple Leaf Festival. (Although I beg of you not to say anything about the weight gain--I'm sensitive about things like that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment