Monday, March 22, 2010

Bio

So I'm supposed to be writing a short bio about myself for the "august" boutique, as well as for a new store in Westport which will be showcasing my steampunk jewelry.

Here's the problem: I have no idea how to write about myself. Is this bio supposed to be just facts about what I do, or is it supposed to be the "why" behind what I do?

I have no great ideas or insights on either approach. I know I like to take things apart and put them back together in a new way. I know that the ideas for my jewelry come from trial and error. I can see pictures in my head, but then I have to try them out several different ways before I know it's right. Mostly, for my robots or jewelry, it's just a feeling I have when I know something fits together just right.

So how do I succinctly right about that without sounding like a moron? And do they also want to know things like I'm a stay-at-home-mom of three unruly boys? Do they want to know that I do this "hobby" so I won't go crazy? What fits and what doesn't?

Hmmm . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment