Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Change is Gonna Come

There's lots of rearranging going on in my house right now.  It's revealed a whole lot of dirt (and piles of dog hair).

-I live in filth.-

The first project was trying to set up a "School Room" to accommodate my admittedly-crazy idea of homeschooling three of my boys this year.  That, of course, involved buying a new kitchen table.  (Because . . . we're a freakin' family of 6 now.  So unless I automatically send 1-2 kids to bed without supper when we have guests over, we're plumb-outta room.)

Problem is, I'm not much of a decision-maker.  I like to think endlessly about a single decision, waffle back and forth for a while, then make a snap judgment out of complete frustration.

Frustration got the best of me last week.  I gave up waiting for the perfect secondhand table and just averted my eyes when I handed over my credit card at World Market.

Now my computer desk is moved (creating a small igloo of coolness under the desk where the vent is trapped), a bookcase has been relocated from my bedroom, and the old kitchen table is a school table.

My dad/hero assembled the new table this afternoon, while the benches and chairs await my husband tonight.


Upon reflection, I don't think I'm going to allow the boys to eat at the new table . . . ever.  It's much too nice.

And I think I may hang a little curtain from the desk so I can hide from the boys in the igloo.  Shhhhh.

2 comments:

  1. Now you know where the idea of a kid's table comes from. That and the need to get away from the slurping, burping, and spilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I bought the table to accommodate the hoard of children. Catch-22.

    ReplyDelete