Thursday, January 12, 2012

Contemplating Testosterone Injections



My five-year-old is able to get to the second level on Super Mario Bros.  He's only played it a handful of times.  Back in the glorious 80's, on a borrowed Nintendo system, it took me weeks to accomplish that feat.

Do you think there's a study that links the presence/amount of testosterone to the level of video game aptitude?

My boys pick up a remote and their thumbs instinctively perform the proper sequence of video game morse code.  I have no such ability.  My attempts involve over-exaggerated jerks of the remote, frequently accompanied by a symphony of squeals and yelps.

I am becoming increasingly aware of my inept female-ness in this household . . . and, come on, I even own a drill press!!  I shudder to think of what my future holds as these boys continue to grow.  Maybe at tonight's 2am feeding, I'll get up and practice Super Mario Bros. while I nurse little Jedi-0.

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

No comments:

Post a Comment