Sunday, November 6, 2011

Could It All Be a Hoax?

Over the past week, I've started to wonder--as many of you might have--if this whole pregnancy is some cruel hoax.

A few of the more reasonable people in my life have tried to remind me of the simple facts:
  1. I, and other witnesses, have repeatedly heard a heartbeat in my massively swollen belly.
  2. There is frequent, spastic, and painful movement in said belly.
  3. A fully accredited doctor seems convinced a baby is in there and will be coming out.
BUT--call me crazy . . .  or perhaps sleep-deprived and miserable. . . I've seriously begun to wonder.  Do you think maybe there's a puppy in there instead?  Or an elephant?  Elephants have a gestational period of 22 months, you know.


Or is it possible I'm not pregnant at all and have a raging, other-worldly tumor which can mimic a human heartbeat?

Between the constant self-anticipation and the overwhelming number of people asking if he's here yet, I may check myself into a facility for the mentally insane.  Or maybe I'll just go ahead and hope for a puppy.  They're cute.

2 comments:

  1. Very amusing! I believe there is a BABY, and that he will make his appearance when he is good and ready! (Granted, I'd like it to be sooner rather than later - as I know you would!) Thank you for the enjoyable posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What will his name be if he is a puppy? Will that change the dynamic in the family? And is he allowed to come during all this football?

    ReplyDelete