Monday, August 29, 2011

Death by Grout

Somehow, my name came up on a Google search for mosaic artists, and a girl contacted me about making mosaic frames for her wedding.  I haven't done mosaics in probably 2-3 years, but, luckily, I had kept some of my materials "just in case."  Here's my progress so far.


I'm making three of these 8x10 frames, and then I have to grout . . . all by early next week.  For those of you who don't know me as well, it is safe to say that grouting was the downfall of my mosaic career. 

It's very time-consuming and painstaking, not to mention messy.  Messy is not my strongsuit, particularly with three boys lurking nearby, eying the quick-drying concrete substance with diabolical interest.

We'll see if the family survives this "blast from the past."

2 comments: