Friday, April 23, 2010

Steampunk Innovations

So I was contacted by this man named Bruce Rosenbaum who is a big steampunk kind of guy. He's looking for entries into a new steampunk design competition (http://www.steampuffin.com/) and wondered if I'd be interested in "stretching" a little to create an entry.

The problem is that most of what I do is "form," meaning my art just looks steampunk/Victorian. It's not "function," meaning the infusion of modern technology into it. I've been trying and trying to come up with an idea, but it's been next to impossible. Keyboards, laptops, cell phone covers, stoves, etc. have all already been done. I don't know how I can meet this challenge.

All the same, it's been fun to think about something new, and it's inspired me to maybe try a few more steampunk-looking art pieces.

If you have any suggestions, let me know, and I'll share my progress with my new steampunk ventures as they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment